Monday, April 23, 2012

Bridesmaid Proposal


We got engaged this last September, and we just booked our wedding for June 2013 so now that the wedding was booked, it was time to pop the question to my gals! You would think I was making an actual proposal! For some reason, I was so nervous to ask my best friends to be bridesmaids and I knew I wanted to do something extra special rather than simply calling them up.  I decided on a bridesmaid brunch where I would ask the girls on top of a donut.







 I wanted to surprise them with the bridesmaid proposal, so I invited all the girls to my house for a casual Sunday brunch. On the menu was baked french toast, Strawberry Buttermilk donuts, fruit salad, vegan pineapple muffins, asparagus quiche, raspberry tea cake, and my favorite- a mimosa bar.


I always get flustered when planning anything, as I always want it to be totally perfect. I need to work on relaxing more. I think I could learn a lot from my idol, Ina Garten. She makes entertaining look so relaxed and breezy. I always remember her advice in not trying to make everything from scratch.

ohhhh Ina. let me live with you in the Hamptons. please?

I made these donuts with my new donut pan from Crate & Barrel. {I was so excited when I first got it,  I whipped these donuts up at 1 in the morning the night I got the donut pan. That was a particularly craaaazy Friday night, let me tell you!}

I baked up the strawberry donuts the night before the brunch and made toppers to stick in them, asking my sister to be my maid of honor, and 6 friends to be bridesmaids. One lives out in San Diego, so with the help of her sweet boyfriend, I was able to Face Time with her and ask her along with the other girls. I also invited my mom and my fiance's mom.




It was actually super awkard when I asked the girls. I had hoped to do it right away, but I got nervous (whyyy?) and waited until after we ate. I came out with the big tray and just put it on the table and started crying (whyyyy?)  and couldn't even ask them. I had no idea it would be that emotional. But they all said yes nd it was cute. I'm glad I asked them in a fun way and made a party of it. It was a lovely day filled with my favorite meal (brunch food is the best) and mimosas, of course. Everyone had fun, except for Dexter who I think was a little sad he wasn't asked to be a bridesmaid.


No comments:

Post a Comment